NJ Workforce Registry Required Documentation
The NJ Workforce Registry provides a summary of your accomplishments based on information that you submit to The NJ Workforce Registry. Because this information is verified, or
confirmed as true, outside agencies and partners will accept the NJ Workforce Registry’s report of your qualifications. The specific documentation required is identified below.
To help you gather together the right papers, we suggest you print this page for reference.
PLEASE ALLOW UP TO 30 BUSINESS DAYS FOR YOUR DOCUMENTATION TO BE PROCESSED, OR ENTERED INTO YOUR NJ WORKFORCE REGISTRY PROFILE.
Once your documents are entered into your profile, your NJ Workforce Registry account will be made "Active," and then you can view your designation on the NJ Workforce Registry Career Lattice.
Once your account is "Active," you can also apply for scholarships/funding, NJ Office of Licensing Approvals, Administrator or Multi-Site Administrator (MSA) Access, or to
become an approved Sponsor Agent or Professional Development Provider using the tabs in the left-hand sidebar of your NJ Workforce Registry account.
Proof of Education (Required)
Other Documentation to Submit
- Proof of completing high school: diploma, transcript or GED certificate NOTE: You do not need to submit proof of completing high school if you are submitting
college transcripts. If you are submitting any of the documentation below, you DO NOT need to submit a copy of your high school diploma.
- Copy of CDA (Child Development Associate) or CCP (Certified Childcare Professional) Credential
- OFFICIAL college transcript for the HIGHEST degree/coursework completed AND UNOFFICIAL transcripts for any other degrees/coursework.
NOTE: Transcripts must be from a regionally accredited institution of higher learning. For more information about regional accreditation, go to
www.chea.org. COPIES of college diplomas are NOT accepted.
- FOREIGN HIGHER EDUCATION DEGREES AND CREDITS are recognized if evaluated course-by-course by an evaluation service approved by the National Association of
Credential Evaluation Services (find a list of evaluation services at www.naces.org).
- The evaluation must specify that the credits and/or degree are the equivalent of credits and/or degrees from a regionally accredited U.S. institution of higher learning.
- If the evaluation service is not a member of NACES, or if the equivalency is not to a regionally accredited U.S. institution of higher learning, the credits and/or degree
will not be counted toward your level on the NJ Workforce Registry.
- A COPY of your teacher, principal, or supervisor certification issued by the State Department of Education.
NOTE: If you have an early childhood-related teacher, principal, or supervisor certificate issued by the State Department of Education, college transcripts are not required.
Proof of Professional Development
- Copy of NJ Infant Toddler Credential
- Copy of Directors’ Academy Certificate
- Copy of NJ Administrators’ Credential
- Copy of NJ Family Development Credential
- Copy of Montessori Credential
- Copy of US Department of Labor Child Development Specialist Certificate
- Copy of NJ Infant Mental Health Endorsement (proposed)
- Other early childhood- or afterschool- related professional certificates or credentials
- Copy of NJ Family Child Care Registration Certificate (registered family child care providers only)
REQUIRED ONLY FOR NJ Workforce Registry PARTICIPANTS WHO DO NOT HAVE A CREDENTIAL OR COLLEGE DEGREE; optional for all others.
INDIVIDUALS APPLYING TO BECOME A NJ Workforce Registry-APPROVED PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT PROVIDER (INSTRUCTOR, CONTENT SPECIALIST, OR TECHNICAL ASSISTANCE SPECIALIST)
- NJ Workforce Registry participants who DO NOT have a credential or higher education degree: Submit documentation (including certificate, copy of sign-in sheet,
letter from instructor, etc.) from any professional development workshops that you have attended in the PAST THREE YEARS. Once your account becomes "Active," past
workshops will NOT be entered—see "Renewing Membership" section.
NOTE: Only the required number of hours will be entered into your profile.
- NJ Workforce Registry participants who HAVE a credential or higher education degree: Submission of professional development documentation is optional.
If you choose to submit professional development documentation, you may submit certificates, copies of sign-in sheets, letters from instructor, etc. from any professional
development workshops that you have attended in the PAST YEAR ONLY. Once your account becomes "Active," past workshops will NOT be entered—see "Renewing Membership" section.
See the Professional Development Provider System Requirements for detail.
INSTRUCTORS AND TECHNICAL ASSISTANCE SPECIALISTS:
- All full-time work experience directly with children in a regulated early childhood setting AND with adults entered into your NJ Workforce Registry profile's "My Employment Information" section
- Documentation of the required number of clock hours within the past three years responsible for the professional development of other adults, verified by a letter from your director/supervisor, letter from client, copy of evaluation forms, OR agenda, OR a conference brochure OR training advertisement listing you as the instructor
- Successful completion of Professional Development Provider Orientation Lessons and Quizzes 1 – 5
- Successful completion of NJ Workforce Registry-approved six-hour Technical Assistance Specialist Training within six months of hire in NJ as a Technical Assistance Specialist (required only if you are applying as a Technical Assistance Specialist)
- Only need to provide verification of your area of specialization outside of Early Childhood Education or Afterschool and do not need to provide the above-listed documentation
Beginning in 2015, NJ Workforce Registry members will renew membership every three years. The required number of renewal hours are determined by your job title, as follows:
- Instructional Staff (instructing children or adults, including Directors, Head Teachers, Group Teachers, Program Supervisors, and Approved Instructors and Technical Assistance Specialists): 60 hours (20 hours per year for directors and teaching staff in programs licensed by NJ Office of Licensing)
- Lead Teachers without NJ Group Teacher Approval, Assistant Teachers, Program Assistants, Non-Instructional Staff, and All Others: 30 hours (10 hours per year for lead teachers without NJ Group Teacher Approval, assistant teachers and program assistants in programs licensed by NJ Office of Licensing)
- NJ Registered Family Child Care Providers (must submit copy of registration certificate): 20 hours (6-7 hours per year recommended)
When You Renew Your Membership in Calendar Year 2015/2016: Submit proof you have completed 20 hours of professional development since first joining (Active members) or since your last expiration date (Expired members). Your expiration date is located on your Membership Card or Certificate of Recognition.
When You Renew Your Membership in Calendar Year 2018 Going Forward: Submit proof you have completed 20, 30, or 60 hours of professional development (depending on your current job title, see revised NJ Workforce Registry Career Lattice) since first joining (Active members) or since your last expiration date (Expired members). Your expiration date is located on your membership card or Certificate of Recognition.
NOTE: Only the required number of renewal hours will be entered into your profile.
NOTE: You DO NOT have to resubmit proof of education.
Please allow up to 30 BUSINESS DAYS for your documentation to be processed, or entered into your NJ Workforce Registry profile.
- Documents may be emailed to us at email@example.com. IF YOU EMAIL COLLEGE TRANSCRIPTS, THEY MUST BE OFFICIAL TRANSCRIPTS WHICH ARE EMAILED DIRECTLY FROM THE COLLEGE/UNIVERSITY AND PROTECTED BY A PASSCODE.
- OFFICIAL TRANSCRIPTS (in a sealed envelope issued directly from the college/university) MAY ALSO BE MAILED TO THE NJ WORKFORCE REGISTRY in a sealed envelope issued directly from the college/university:
The mailing address is:
NJ Workforce Registry
c/o Public Consulting Group
PO Box 9619
Trenton, NJ 08650
- The NJ Workforce Registry no longer accepts faxed documentation.
Need more information? Click Here, e-mail the NJ Workforce Registry at firstname.lastname@example.org.